This time the object of our attention is a Finnish mountain-skiing resort of Rukka. Finland as a Greece got everything – forest, lakes, mountains, a lot of snow at winter, perfect roads and good service. We have find the corner to Rukka on the informational stand near the route. This is a European (and Scandinavia) practice – start the meetings for auto-tourists with the information about local attractions and fresh detailed maps. It is very helpful.
From the top of the mountain, where the main lifter is standing, you can see a large mallow. It is covered with forest and mirror-like lakes. Groups of the walkers with skis equipment are passing us near the road. There is an iron gutter down the peak, through which you can slip down on the wagon with a hand brakes. Fillings are indescribable – this is a flight between clouds and greens.
Near the downside of entrance of the lifter is the lake. Maybe it is artificial – it has a gravel coasts. Several Finnish families were fishing there.
Comparing Rukka resort and Shamoni, France.
Yes, Montblanc is higher, but local prices are lower than French. Also, service is looking more friendly.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results