Our journey continues through Finland according to the roadbook. Moving for the route is just one part of the adventure. Also we have to make shots about various topics. One of them is “The Finnish lifestyle”.
The wooden platform with benches is built on the lake.
July turns out the hot one. The sky is amusing us with blueness. The roadsides are planted with lupines.
The big stone had saved the life of three high pines at the felling.
Little islands on the lakes are decorated with green hats.
Merchants in small towns were selling the strawberry. My attention was chased by this vertical flower bed in shape of two helixes made of white and red flowers.
From the little bridge we have caught sight of a beard of the merman in the lake.
We were especially amazed by the small, well-groomed orthodox church. The pathway to it was lost in the high grass.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results