Next day our route led us to the ferry!
It looks like its twin-brother.
Honestly it has been a little cultural shock. I think a ferry is a raft, which needs to be pulled with a rope to get over the opposite side. The local ferries are different. This is a giant handsome vessel, which is able to produce good speed on the tough sea waves and carry a lot of cars and people. On the ferry you can eat and drink, stare on the seagulls and relax before the next episode of trip. This path has led us to the capital of the Denmark Copenhagen, which locals are called København.
This is a beautiful and peaceful city. It is very nice to wander through its embankments and stare at the bikers or the pleasure boats.
Judging by the posters, local cinemas are showing the same as Kyiv’s does.
There is water instead of the cobblestone street, and the yachts instead of the houses.
The amount of blondies in the Copenhagen is just a little bit smaller than in Stockholm. Most of them ride a bicycle.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results