The journey is coming to its end. We are at Netherlands. We have decided to visit the small town near the coast. We have left the car in the underground parking and then we are going for a walk.
There is a figure of a woman on the bridge. The historical center of the city is surrounded by the channel, which also serves as the transport arteries and the “street” – there are a lot of floating devises on the water. Some of them are habitat. And there also some growing gardens.
The beautiful spire is standing on one of the city’s church. There are narrow facades of the buildings and the yachts in the channel.
There is very comfortable and silent. Also a lot of bicyclists. The cars are mostly packed.
Some of them are really exotic examples, like this with a trunk.
We have walked with pleasure of the “inner city”.
The mood is perfect and the weather is fine.
The bicyclists stock here is quite much bigger, than cars one.
We have the night in Zautcamp the wide camping on the coast of the big channel.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results