In the early morning we have arrived the Helsinki. I like the ferry carried us. This is a touristic attraction. It is moving throw the sea by day, so you got time to sleep in cabin or dance at disco. The buffet lunch costs 9 euro and everything is tasty.
This is my first photo of the Finnish capital. Helsinki is a small city in comparison with Paris (with town-satellites there is one million people) but the largest city in Finland.
There is also the scancen, but it’s more modest. Somehow I have remembered only this seagull.
The main boulevard is decorated with the monuments and people relax on the green lawns.
The market square looks like Maidan of Independence in Kyiv from the distance.
A caf? is situated on the deсk of the old-fashioned red steamy-steamer.
The big surprise for me become a friendly and generous reception in the France’s embassy. All our teams had met the Ambassador and the military attache of France Republic in Finland. They were charismatic women. The meeting was made very well with gourmet French cooking and Finnish hospitality.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results