This day was the most saturated. Let’s continue the journey.
At the morning we were moving through Mageroja using the weather, which was unimaginably good for such places. We have visited little towns, ports and fishing hamlets. In life painting the Norse are same esthetics as Fins, but more tough climate and mountains instead of taiga are make their footprint.
The next part of the day was used for the trip on the most Northern point of the Europe. It is located on the cape with long name Knivskjelodden (71градус, 11’08” n.a). The walking path that 18 kilometers long starts from the gravel parking, on which we were unable to park all of our vehicles. In the end we were forced to place Prius on the bare rocks.
At 16:00 the group have moved farther. The route appears as very rocky one. Periodically we should have overcome the little swamps. The tough walking cross-shoes were very handy. We were very lucky not to receive any injuries.
On the path we have met many times the islands of green grass and soft-purple little flowers – the marks of the tough polar summer.
The route was moving like the maze all over the rocky breakages and steep cliffs. At the end it leads us to the sea.
We have finally overcome the wet rocks, cracks in the mountains and rockfalls. Soon we realize that on the most northern part of the Europe is standing the automatic baken with solar battery. It’s definitely didn’t work at polar night.
The waves of the emerald color were falling at the rocks and stand up with fountain of splatters.
Water is everywhere. A lot of salt water in sea and the streams with clear babbling water are making their way between the stones.
The road back to the start of the walking path had required some efforts.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results