The next day had started from funny village, which was decorated like the Formula 1 car. And it was also put on the high pile. There are water space, motorboats and fishing boats.
There is a parking for motorboats.
Following the plan we should visit interesting modern-art object, placed on the roadside of “route 5”. This installation is also called “Silent nation”. There are several hundreds of wooden graves with heads made of turf pieces with protruded grass. Which is also wearing cloth. That symbolize the spirit of the Finnish nation, which no matter what overcome and save his identity.
The installation was made by Finnish dancer, painter and choreograph Rejo Kella. The locals each year change the clothes which damaged by sun and wind. Mostly second-hand, but sometimes it is a new cloth with stickers.
The impression from this place was very strong. It fills like you definitely appeared in surroundings of wiggling people, who trying to tell you something. There are a lot of different people – children, adults, men and women.
People came here, and young too. Even slightly smoked teenagers are very quiet and modest.
Moving farther while looking on the red-moss-covered rocks, which are lying on the roadside.
It is pleasant to driving through the winding gravel route. It is lined with innocent forest, which contact with places of tundra.
We have encountered the half-destroyed bridge, which was too unstable for forcing. Later the Range Rover from our caravan decided to overcome the river, but stuck and needed some help from Alan’s Defender. It is good, that receiver is working properly.
On the edge of the forest and swamp we have met the half-mythical creatures – the north deers. Reindeers, how most of people call them, are very adorable and behave like cows in the India. That had slowed us down a lot.
But if the view is good you can smash the gas button and moving forward to new adventures!
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results