We have arrived in Stockholm very early in the morning, before the sun rises over the water.
The city is situated on 14 islands.
There are majestic architecture, numerous palaces, many outdoors statues and old-fashioned street lanterns here.
In other words, This is the capital of the Last Empire.
The monumental building of parliament is surrounded with straight walls of the channel.
It is really a palace.
We have met the sunrise with the Hermes bronze statue. It is wearing only sandals and the helmet.
Rocky streets of the old city.
The tiny park is ornate with flowers.
And the cycle roads are before start of traffic.
The vintage motorcycle is parked in the picturesque cobbled street.
We have met the Russian tourists. It seemed to me there are more of them in Antalya than in Northland.
It’s time! We have to plan the next route.
But the comfortable caf? looks so seducing.
We have found the poult of sparrow. I believe he survived that day!
At last, the most famous sightseeing of Stockholm is the Skansen. This is the first open-air museum in the world.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results