Netherlands. The windmills and big horned cattle are unbreakably connected. There are also a lot of channels and green grass.
The windmills are everywhere and their verity is incredible. The wind is always blowing and the giant blades are never stops.
We have ourselves revealed how powerful does wind here, while visiting the coastline of the Romo Island. The gigantic sandy beach is blowing by wind, which has never quite down. Big seagulls not always fly up from the first try. The hair is fluttering on the wind, the sand is everywhere. This really reminds about the Gibraltar, but even colder. The camera should be protected from the sand.
The surfers are floating on desks through the sea on the high speed and with paraplans.
There are not many people on the beach, but somebody is walking with dogs.
There even a few camping cars and I hope they are quite good anchored at the night.
Someone from crews had managed to get stuck in sand drift and Alan was forced to help him get out. But that was not the first time.
We have a little driving on the sand. The filling was like you are moving through the snow desert.
Next our way was lying on the coastline. Houses for relax on the wide beaches. There are the marine and citadel cannons on the pedestal. There are quite coastal places with easy life and the big concentration of the historical memorials.
The wind didn’t last us even a minute.
The sand is covered with footprints of the yesterday’s cultural festival of the sandy sculpture.
The fishing boats are standing on the ground.
And here we go again in the country of the windmills.
There are windmills for every taste.
Along the sea you can see the tracks of the Second World War like line of the old German pillboxes.
There is a high, tough grass swaying by the sea wind. The clouds are moving away to the West.
This is a national park.
To be continued…
Table of Contents: Raid Paris – North Cape 2010 Daily Reports
- 3 July. Paris. The beginning of The Raid
- 3 July. The beginning of The Raid. Part Two
- 4 July. Denmark. Copenhagen
- 4 July. Denmark. Ferry on Svedish side
- 5 July. Sveden. Hamlet and the people
- 6 July. Sveden. Stockholm
- 6 July. Scansen
- 7 July. Helsinki
- 8 July. One hundred thousand of lakes
- 9 July. Finnish lifestyle
- 10 July. Finland. Passing the night on nature
- 11 July. Silent people
- 11 July. Rukka resort
- 12 July. Trip through the natural reserve
- 13 July. Finland
- 14 July. Finland. Further to the North
- 15 July. Norway. Hemningberg
- 16 July. On the place. North Cape
- 16 July. Mageroya
- 17-18 July. Trip to the Soroya Island
- 19-20 July. Tromso
- 21 July. Lofoten Islands
- 22-23 July. Norway. Hobbits and foxes
- 24-25 July. Sveden. Deers and camping
- 26 July. Norway. Trondheim
- 27 July. Norway. Trollstigen
- 28 July. Norway. Bergen
- 29 July. Return
- 30 July. Holland
- 31 July. France. Ending of The Raid
- Paris – North Cape 2010. Results